Sunday, August 11, 2013

Refrigerator Gallery

Several years ago I asked my mother-in-law to teach a poetry class at my home. She graduated from Stanford in Honors English Literature.  She had taught English at BYU for nine years. besides, she is an awesome poetess! She suggested we post the poem we were studying on the fridge and then repeat it at each meal. I thought it a dandy idea!
I like things looking nice and tasteful.  So, I decided that the art we were studying, as well as scriptures, quotes, and poetry we were memorizing would look nice framed. I created a lovely Refrigerator Gallery on my refrigerator door.

Need:
One to four precut picture mats with center openings cut for 8x10 pictures. 
Four thick circular magnets for each mat.
One to four clear sheet protectors.
Clue Stick
Tape

Instructions:
Place mats face down on a clean surface.
Place sheet protector on back of mat and tape on three sides, leaving the top open to slip paper in and out through the opening.  Glue magnets to the back four corners.  Dry.

Now when you turn the mat over you have a nice window.  You can slide pictures of art, poetry, scriptures, or quotes in through the opening on the back, and hang them on the fridge. Now you can review them in the morning and at lunch time. Text can be used for copy work and memorization. Frames can be used vertical or horizontal!

There you have it-- Refrigerator Culture!

No comments:

Post a Comment