Thursday, May 15, 2014

15 Prompts To Help you with your Journal Writing


Have you ever looked at a blank page and had writer's block? That can happen in journaling too. I have created a book mark with 15 Prompts to help you consider what to write. First, I want to talk about the prompts on the bookmark.


15 Journal Prompts
1. What is today’s date?
Of course you want to put the date at the top so information is easier to locate should you ever need to. It is also nice for the reader to be able to read the journal in chronological order.
2. What is today’s weather like?
If you cannot think of anything else to write you can always talk about the weather. Who knows, you may see weather patterns in your posts!
3. What chapters did I study in the scriptures today?
Writing down epiphanies from scripture study makes sure they are not lost!
4. Whom did I serve today?
Writing down service rendered and when, helps you evaluate how service oriented you are. 
5. Did I feel the spirit today?
Write down when you feel the spirit. Reading this in times of stress or confusion can strengthen your faith.
6. What friends did I play with, talk to, phone, or email?
Keeping a record of communication helps you see how connected you are.
7. What principle did I learn from reading today?
Writing down principles learned helps remember and value those principles.
8.What work did I do to help the family?
This helps the writer see their contribution to the family.
9. What project did I work on?
Keeping record of projects is wonderful and helps keep projects in priority.
10. Did I work on advancements? Which ones?
Did you work on Scout advancements, Faith in God, Activity Days, Duty to God, or Personal Progress goals?
11. What activity or event do I desire to remember?
Record memories of family and church activities you have done in the past.
12. What did I study today?
Keep a record of you studied each day. This record will show you the breadth and depth of your studies. This can help you see where you might want to increase your efforts!
13. What Six Areas of Personal and Family Preparedness goals did I work on today?
What are you doing to be prepared?  Your journal can track those activities. What are the areas of
Personal and Family Preparedness? a) Social, emotional and Spiritual Heath, b)Literacy and Education, c) Physical Health, d) Financial Resource Management, e) Career Planning, and f) Home Production and Storage.
14. Did I have any personal victories today?
Record those victories. When life is hard and things not going as hoped, focusing on victories can help you regain your perspective. Then remember, "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13 KJV
15. Is there anything else I would like to remember?

If you would like this in pdf file to print off into bookmarks, laminate and place in your journal please email:  moorhouseldshomeschool@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment