Monday, June 4, 2012

Harvard Classics in Fifteen Minutes a Day? Continued!

I finished The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin, and am now reading The Journal of John Woolman in Vol. I of the Harvard Classics.  These are fascinating to read.  When I think of President Hinckley's father having bought the Harvard Classics and placing them in his own library, of President Hinckley reading them in college and re-reading them throughout his life, I begin to see how he was, in many ways shaped by what he read. 

Have I been able to keep up on my reading and my busy schedule?  No, sadly.  I am a day behind! I find that if I read early in the day, I do not have a problem. I do not have a Kindle or IPad and I do not own the book.  So, I am pretty limited to when I am home and make time to read it on my laptop. I plan to buy a set of the Harvard Classics on Ebay. If I wait til the end of the day, my mind is not so clear and I find myself choosing the pillow over reading.  So, I am working to fit my reading in earlier in the day, no later than after lunch. So, I still feel this is doable and that busy moms can do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment